The MARTI TB diagnostic test
MARTI brings TB diagnosis to the point-of-care.
- MARTI eliminates the need for sputum sampling by using a single drop of blood
- Provides a result in under 1 hour
- Accurate in patients with HIV and extra-pulmonary TB
An antibody detection-based diagnostic test in a suitable format could potentially replace microscopy and extend tuberculosis diagnosis to the public health system.
- World Health Organisation
MARTI is an EIS-based diagnostic detecting antibodies in TB patients early on, regardless of their HIV status.
Very few diagnostic candidates would address the most critical need - a point-of-care test for primary care facilities.
Diversification of the point-of-care TB diagnostic pipeline is urgently needed.
- Joint statement in 2017 by FIND, The TB Alliance, and The Global TB Vaccine Foundation